The assisted living Abbey memory care neighborhood at Montereau provides a secure and calming environment for residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Highly trained and certified team members employ specialized and individualized therapeutic programming to respectfully foster more positive daily experiences. Oklahoma families find comfort in knowing their loved ones are nurtured to find joy in each moment, in a setting far more innovative than the traditional assisted living and nursing homes.
Memory Care apartments are available for immediate move-in. Please call Jessica Vagin, Abbey Program Manager, at
(918) 491-5299 today for special pricing and to schedule a tour.
In addition, every staff member at Montereau is trained in four hours of CARES ® Dementia Basics TM to understand the unique needs of those with cognitive decline. The Abbey Care Partners complete an additional 28 hours of training and are certified Dementia Care Specialists. Memory care at The Abbey is also available on a direct admission basis, with no entrance fee requirement.
Services & Amenities at The Abbey
- Private residences with special design features for added safety
- Inviting and secure common areas that encourage residents to move beyond their private residence
- Nutritious meals with dining venues for family meals
- Exceptional staff-to-resident ratio with highly personalized care
- Licensed nurses and care partners available 24/7
- Scheduled on-site physician and psychiatrist visits
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Therapeutic, activity and social based programs
- Music therapy that includes live performances and personal iPod playlists
- Indoor/outdoor sensory garden, private courtyard and inviting sunroom
- Whirlpool spa, lounge, full service salon and day spa
- Weekly outings, daily exercises and special guest performances
- Guest suites available on campus for overnight stays
- Family-accompanied access to all hospitality services and life-enriching amenities at Montereau
Submit the form on this page for more information on how The Abbey stands apart from other memory care options in the Tulsa, Oklahoma, area.
Memory Care FAQ
Memory care, also called memory support, is essentially assisted living with specialized therapies and programming under the supervision of a dedicated team of professionals trained to care for people with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia.
It’s best to start with a cognitive and functional assessment conducted by a Montereau healthcare professional, especially if you think your loved one may need more attention than independent living or assisted living offers. Once medical and daily living needs are assessed, our team will meet with you and your loved one to answer questions, provide information and help you reach the best decision for your loved one and your family.
Dementia is not a specific disease. It’s and overall term for what describes a wide range of symptoms caused by disorders that affect the brain.
Dementia is associated with a decline in memory or other thinking skills severe enough to reduce a person’s ability to perform everyday activities. Brain function is affected enough to interfere with a person’s normal social or working life.
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia and accounts for 60 to 80 percent of dementia cases. Other types of dementia include: Vascular, Lewy Bodies, Frotemporal and those associated with Parkinson’s or head trauma.